I like how the blogs on WordPress begin – with this post title… so appropo.
The Glassblowing Travelers
… who are preparing for their journey to several adventures unknown ahead!You have been selected via email to receive ‘grams from us via this blog site. If you do wish to receive our travel info, please let us know! We will then let you know of about our whereabouts, and if we survived it or not! ‘C) To get our updates, add your Email Address to the box on the right, and click on the “Sign me up!” button. Check your email box for the Confirmation email, and click on the link in the email. If you do not see this Confirmation within two hours, check your Junk Mail folder, too.
This is our itinerary to start in mid-August with Amy and Jeannie, September for Chris:
- China – Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, maybe the northern regions, near Tibet / Mongolia
- Japan – September, meet with Chris, southern Honshu, Kyoto, Nara, Tokyo, maybe Osaka, Mt. Fuji
- Meandering to Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Bali, Indonesia, and finally, …
- Australia for the “winter months” – which is the Southern Hemisphere’s summer months!
- New Zealand, too, of course, from October to January, 2011
- Since it takes 28 hours from Australia to Italy, we’re breaking up the trek by stopping in…
- India and visiting glass factories, Taj Mahal, Holi festival to get colorful,
- Sri Lanka, especially the northern part and the eastern beaches, which are proported to be beautifully white
- Onward to Cairo for the pyramids, sphinxes, camel rides, and all things Egyptian, good timing for February 2011!
- Istanbul for the Aga Sophia, the beginnings of glass shaping, and the delightful marketplaces
- Finally, we arrive in Italy for the Spring 2011, Venice and Murano specifically – Mecca for glassblowers!
- Europe — After a couple of months blowing glass, and / or assisting there, we will meet up with some Swedish glassblowers we met at Public Glass on Halloween 2009 – Frederick and Bjorn! They have invited us to travel with them as they show us THE places to blow glass around Europe during May – June 2011!
- Come late June, we will wind down, and head back to the States via the Bahamas, a request by Chris “for a vacation!”
- Then, it’s the US — we may make pit stops around the glass “hot spots” in the States – New York, of course; Haystack, PA; Oregon; Pilchuck, WA; as well as visit some friends on the East Coast, the South, Chicago, and Colorado Springs along the way back home..
- And in due course, Chris will find himself blowing pumpkins again at PALY – as he did when we started this whole traveling glassblowing! PALY Glass Pumpkin blowing as “bookends” of Chris’ trip!
Well, that’s the RTW plan! And … that’s the News, … so, now you know!
Jeannie, Chris & Amy